Properties of Coco peat
- Coco peat is used for seed starting, bedding plants, planters, gardens, container plants. Anywhere you can use peat moss. The properties of Coco Peat make it resistant to bacterial and fungal growth. So coco peat is a multipurpose growing medium that provides new opportunities for Potting Mix Suppliers, Seedling Nurseries, Hydroponic Growers & Golf
- Coco Peat has the ability to store and release nutrients to plants for extended periods. It also has great oxygenation properties that are important for healthy root development.
- It has a pH of 5.0-6.8 which is neutral to slightly acidic. This makes it great for alkaline garden soils.
- Coco Peat is very slow to disintegrate, whereas peat breaks down within two years after application, Coco Peat begins to fall apart only when it becomes 10 years old. Therefore it offers long term benefits to the users. It can even be reused for 4 years!
- The coir dust is washed, heat treated, screened and graded before being processed into various Coco peat products for Horticultural and Agricultural applications.
- Coco peat products are graded on the basis of specific particle sizes and fibre content. These grading provide a more accurate growing media exactly tailored to each growing application. Particle size grading now allows for a wider pectrum of range of water retention capacities, air filled porosity and bulk density, to suit seasonal climate conditions and specific crop production.
Uses of Coco peat
- 100% organic
- High water and nutrition holding capacity
- Enhance strong and healthy root system
- Good air porosity
- Perfect growing medium for plants
- Used in Tomato, cucumber, rose, gerbera, and strawberry plantation.
- Used in Horticulture and Floriculture Environments
- Used in green house plantation
Benefits of Coco peat
- Multi-purpose Growing Medium : Cocopeat is a multi purpose growing medium that provides new opportunities for: Potting Mix Suppliers, Seedling Nurseries, Hydroponics Growers and Golf Green Constructors.
- Environmental support : Cocopeat provides as an organic alternate to rockwool and perlite media without the environmental disposal issues. Hydroponics crop production using Cocopeat makes the opportunity to consistently maximize yield and provide better quality.
- Excellent water holding capacity : Excellent water holding capacity of cocopeat provides a buffer in high temperatures and high crop load demand without compromising air supply. Additionally, it offers high water absorption and retention rate.
- Root Growth : The presence of organic compounds in Cocopeat can results strong root growth compare with other growing medium. In addition it offers some natural resistance to plant diseases, so the plant live span will be long.